Shipping and Returns Policy
At Happy Pet Shack we offer Free Shipping when you spend over $50 to ALL metro and most regional areas excluding NT,WA and regional SA & QLD.
Please note: We do not deliver to PO Box's
We ship all our orders from Sydney. Once your order’s been dispatched, you’ll receive an email to let you know your parcel’s on the way, complete with tracking information so you can keep an eye on our order’s progress as it makes its way to you.
- For delivery to metropolitan Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane and Adelaide, please allow between 2 to 5 working days
- For other capital cities and regional New South Wales, Queensland and Victoria, expect your order within 2 to 7 working days
For delivery to regional Western Australia, Tasmania, the Northern Territory and remote Queensland, please allow 5 to 10 working days
We want everyone who shops with us at Happy Pet Shack to be HAPPY - which is why we've made our returns policy as easy as possible. And if for some reason things don't go quite to plan, we have a dedicated customer service team to make everything right again!
Please note: We cannot issue credits or refunds unless you have first spoken to a Happy Pet Shack representative, as we need to issue you with a returns number and address before you send us back any items. Without these, we will be unable to process your return and refund the cost of your item(s).
Returns Terms & Conditions
- We accept returns for up to 30 days from purchase, providing it is unopened and in original condition (including packaging). For these purchases you can return your order for exchange or refund.
- You can return your order for a refund if the item is faulty, not fit for the intended purpose or not as pictured on the website.
- Items returned after 30 days may not qualify for a refund.
- The customer is responsible for the cost of an item's return, unless there was an error on our behalf. Due to the nature of couriers, it may cost more to send an item back to us than us shipping it out to you.
- A Happy Pet Shack customer service representative must be contacted before returning goods. We can only offer refunds when we have arranged pickup and return through our courier service.
- We cannot offer refunds on food, treats or any edible items that are opened due to strict health policies. Please make your selections carefully, and double check your order before submitting.
Damaged Or Faulty Items
If you received a damaged shipment or product, please email photos of the damaged item to firstname.lastname@example.org, include your invoice number and name, and we will work with you to resolve the issue.
Live Animal Delivery Terms and conditions
Live animal orders can be shipped to your home, work or any other physical address in Australia. We highly recommend that someone is available to receive the delivery in person, this is important so that your live animal can be transitioned to their aquarium as soon as possible.
Live animal orders cannot be delivered to PO Boxes or Parcel Lockers.
In the event a person cannot be available to accept the delivery, our couriers are instructed to leave your live animal order in a safe place at the front door. It is important that there is a place to leave your delivery in a cool spot out of the sun.
We use Direct Freight Express. A consignment tracking number will be emailed to you once order has been picked and packed.
In some cases we also ship via Australia Post.
We cannot ship to remote areas which cannot be serviced within 2-3 business days, due to lack of courier service.
State-based government environmental restrictions apply to shipping live fish to Western Australia and Northern Territory. Live Mussels and Yabbies cannot be shipped to customers in TAS, NT, and WA.
Due to the complicated packaging and shipping procedures involved in handling live animals, as well as our commitment to the health and safety of all our animals, we cannot accept returns. Please make your selection carefully.
Pet Hermit Crabs
Hermit crabs are an awesome First Time Pet! Not only are they fun, active and entertaining, they also educate kids on how to look after a pet and help children build social and nurturing skills!
Watch as your Hermit Crab explores their enclosure, climbs their accessories and change their shell as they grow! You can even handle your hermit crabs, they are very social animals and handling creates an unbreakable bond between you and your new best friend!
Pet Stick Insect
Stick insects are an awesome pet! They're extremely easy to look after and gentle to handle!
Let your new pet crawl up your arm and watch as they dance! Your stick insect will also lay eggs every day, which you can hatch and nurse, allowing you to have as many stick insects as you'd like! Which is an amazing educational experience for your child! For more information on how to raise baby stick insects, check out our Insectimo Pet Care Info!
Fish Tank TV
Fun and unique fish tanks for the whole family to enjoy!
Our Fish Tank TV is the most creative and best selling aquarium on the market! This fish tank is perfect for any bedroom with a range of themes and accessories to choose from; including a Candy Land theme, Jurassic theme, or you can choose to create your own theme by picking accessories from our extensive range of fish aquarium accessories, we even have our Wham Fluro accessories that glow in the dark!